Thanks for dropping by my blog. Although I plan on posting many wedding related images, I also plan to increase the number of personal posts - so y'all can get to know me better.

Be sure to come back and visit often.
William

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Proud to be my Father's Son

I am in Canada to honor my Father today. My Father served in the Royal Canadian Navy during World War II. He served in the North Atlantic on a Destroyer. Next Saturday, November 11th is Remembrance Day in Canada and Veterans Day in the USA. It is a time to remember all those who served to protect the freedoms we all enjoy today.

The Canadian Veteran's Memorial was dedicated today in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. It is dedicated to all Canadian Veterans who have served in all wars, including my Father from WWII to personal serving today.

My Father served his county over 60 years ago, joining the Navy at 17 years of age. Today I was very proud to be my Father's Son.

Below are some images of my Father, the sculptor of the memorial and some images of a color guard
.

No comments:

Post a Comment